CHRISTMAS OFFICE PARTY
Last Revised: August 12, 2018
2. Definitions: what is defined as Personally Identifiable Information and what is not
3. What information is collected, how it is used and when it is shared: types of information we collect about you, how and why we use it, and under what circumstances your information may be shared with others
4. Security: where we store your information and how we protect it
5. Location of servers: we store your information on UK servers
6. Your rights with regard to information we collect about you: You have certain rights with regard to management of your Personally Identifiable Information including the right to modify or delete information from our servers or to move your information from our servers to another company’s server
7. Data retention: how long we may store your information for
8. Opt out of receiving marketing materials: directions on hot to opt out of receiving marketing materials from us and our partners
9. Minor’s Privacy: we do not collect information from persons under the age of 18
12. Contact us: our contact information
“Personally Identifiable Information” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify or contact a person if used combined together with other pieces of information. Such Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to, a name, identification number, an online identifier, mailing or billing address, email address, telephone number, photo, signature, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address location data, cookie identifier, date of birth, billing or credit/debit card information, or one or more factors specific to physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of a person.
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” means information that cannot be used to identify or contact a person. Such Non-Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to, user’s browser type, browser version, operating system, files viewed, webpages visited, time and date of user’s visit, time spent on each webpage and other anonymous statistical data.
3. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED, HOW IT IS USED AND WHEN IT IS SHARED
We collect both Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information about you. Here is the description of information we collect about you, how and why we use it, and under what circumstances your information may be shared with others:
• Submission of Suggestions and Feedback. If you provide us with any suggestions or feedback about the Site (“Suggestions”), you will automatically assign to us all rights to the Suggestions and agree that we shall have the right to use such Suggestions and related information in any manner we deem appropriate. We will treat any Suggestions you provide to us as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to us any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
• Cookie Identifiers. “Cookies” are small files created by websites a user visits. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular user and website, and can be accessed either by a web server or such user’s computer. Cookies are a convenient way to carry information from one session on a website to another, or between sessions on related websites, without having to burden a server machine with massive amounts of data storage. Storing the data on the server without using Cookies would also be problematic because it would be difficult to retrieve a particular user's information without requiring a login on each visit to the website. If there is a large amount of information to store, then a Cookie can simply be used as a means to identify a given user so that further related information can be looked up on a server-side database. For example, the first time a user visits a Site he/she may choose a username, which is stored in the Cookie, and then provide data such as password, name, address, preferred font size, and so on. This information would all be stored in a database using the username as a key. Subsequently when the Site is revisited the server will read the Cookie to find the username, and then retrieve all the user's information from the database without making the user to re-enter it.
By using the Site, you agree that we may use such Cookies as:
• PHPSESSID (stores session ID) in order to identify you as a user of the Site,
• TawkConnectionTime (by Tawk.io), and
• gat, ga, and gid (by Google Analytics)
• Google Analytics and Similar Analytics Tools. Third party services such as Google Analytics help businesses analyze the traffic to their websites and mobile applications by collecting, monitoring and analyzing Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
• Facebook’s Remarketing Service. We use Facebook’s remarketing services to show advertisements (also called interest-based advertising) to you on third party websites after you have visited the Site. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To manage your ad setting or preferences, follow the instructions found here www.facebook.com/about/ads/#568137493302217. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the DAA in the USA www.aboutads.info/choices/, the DAA of Canada in Canada www.youradchoices.ca or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe www.youronlinechoices.eu, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
• Doubleclick Remarketing Service. We use Doubleclick’s remarketing codes to log data about specific pages users of the Site view thus allowing us to provide targeted advertising to them in the future.
• Business Transfers or Bankruptcy. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personally Identifiable Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
• Disclosures for Legal Purposes. We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Service users or the public, or (iv) protect us from legal liability.
• Use and Disclosure of Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We reserve the right to use and disclose Non-Personally Identifiable Information for any purpose and to share it with any third party at our sole discretion.
The security of your information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your information in a secure environment and have implemented commercially reasonable procedures designed to limit unauthorized access, use or disclosure of your information. Our server is hosted and protected by Web Optic Limited.
You are also responsible for helping us protect the security of your Personally Identifiable Information. For instance, never give out your password, and remember to log out of your Account when you are finished using the Site. Despite these measures, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with your information.
5. LOCATION OF SERVERS
If you access the Site outside the United Kingdom, please note that we will store information about you including your Content on servers located in London, United Kingdom.
6. YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
You have the following rights with regard to information about you:
• the right of access (you can request us to provide you verbally or in writing with the type of information we store about you and we have a month to respond to your request);
• the right to rectify any Personally Identifiable Information that is inaccurate;
• the right to erasure (some conditions apply, see Section 7 below);
• the right to restrict processing your Personally Identifiable Information, however, if you restrict us from processing a part of your Personally Identifiable Information that is essential to our provision of the Site, you may be asked to terminate your account and stop using the Site;
• the right to data portability; the right to data portability allows users of the Site to obtain and reuse their Personally Identifiable Information for their own purposes across different services; you may request us to transmit your Personally Identifiable Information directly from our servers to another company’s servers and we will do so where it is technically feasible;
• the right to object (for example, you have an absolute right to stop us from using your Personally Identifiable Information for direct marketing - read our opt-out instructions below); you may express your objection verbally or in writing and we have a month to respond to any such objection; we might still continue processing your Personally Identifiable Information if we are able to show that we have a compelling reason for doing so;
• the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or that affects you significantly.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please an email to: email@example.com.
7. DATA ERASURE
Your Personally Identifiable Information will be erased when (i) it is no longer needed for its original processing purpose, (ii) you withdraw your consent for us to store it by deleting your Account, (iii) there is no preferential justified reason for the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information and you object to our processing of your Personally Identifiable Information, or (iv) erasure of your Personally Identifiable Information is required in order to fulfil a statutory obligation under the EU law or the right of the EU Member States. Therefore, we will make sure your Personally Identifiable Information will be erased under all of the above-mentioned circumstances. You may request us to erase your Personally Identifiable Information verbally or in writing and we have a month to respond to any such request.
8. OPT OUT OF RECEIVING MARKETING MATERIALS
9. MINOR'S POLICY
The age of majority depends upon jurisdiction and application, but it is generally set at eighteen (18). Minors or the underaged may use the Site, however, a parent or legal guardian must be the one who registers for an Account providing us his/her Personally Identifiable Information and not the minor’s.
Therefore, we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to open an Account on the Site.
If you are under 18, please do not attempt to open any such Account or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
No one under the age of 18 may provide any Personally Identifiable Information to the Company via the Site. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personally Identifiable Information from an individual under the age of 18 without any prior parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about an individual under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
12. CONTACT US
Meji Media Ltd
Creative Industries Center,
Wolverhampton Science Park,